Ministerial Inquiries: management and representation
The collapse of a multi-million dollar computer project for
a high-profile government agency led to a Ministerial Inquiry
with wide-ranging implications for how IT services would be
purchased by government.
Francis Small was appointed to carry out the inquiry. This
- Managing the overall inquiry process and multi-disciplinary
- Co-ordinating the investigation.
- Determining the lessons to be learnt from the project
and go-forward recommendations.
- Making specific recommendations on the project's initial
design, project and risk management and quality control,
plus developing, implementing and managing future government
- Preparing a comprehensive report.
Francis Small: "The reasons why Incis failed were numerous,
often complex and inter-related; and the Inquiry process sought
an understanding as to how such failures could be avoided
in the future."
- Preparation of Ministerial report.
- Specific recommendations made.
- Government agencies briefed.
The principals of Murray King & Francis Small consultancy
are also experienced in making representations to Inquiries.